Saturday, April 4, 2009

It Begins

Despite hurricane force winds that gusted up to approximately 800 mph, NOSA soccer kicked off a great opening day. It was a blustery day, but the sun was shiny and it wasn't particularly cold. The fields were full of miniature athletes, refs, and soccer balls, but I also spotted a soccer chair or two tumbling accross and even a trash can at one point. I even saw one particularly lusty gust actually lift three little U-5 players on the pink team off the ground! Now that's some wind! (Welcome to Oklahoma, right?)
Our family spent five hours at the soccer fields. Today my nine year old cheered for my five year old, my five year old cheered for my nine year old. I saw my five year old get aggressive on the field confidently and my nine year old looking like he really knew what to do out there. To top it all off, my one year old kept toddling up to the coach as if to say, "I'm ready, put me in!" By the time we headed home, we were tired, dirty, wind-blown, hungry, and the baby had poop in her diaper...a typical soccer Saturday and I wouldn't trade it!

No comments:

Post a Comment